ACTOR – TEACHER – COACH
Kirk Baltz continues acting in film, theater and television and has worked with such noted film directors as Chantal Akerman, Warren Beatty, Oliver Stone, John Woo, Kevin Costner, Quentin Tarantino, Taylor Hackford and Deniz Gamez Erguven to name a few. IMDb credits
Having trained extensively as an actor in New York City and Los Angeles, Kirk studied Meisner technique with Greg Zittle of The Neighborhood Play House, and Strasberg based work with Sandra Seacat, Tony Greco and Susan Batson…renowned acting teachers and noted members of the Actor’s Studio.
While teaching on going acting classes in Los Angeles and acting workshops in other major cities across the U.S. and abroad, Kirk also offers private coaching in LA as well as online sessions via Skype Internationally.
Kirk also does on set coaching for TV and film.
Participants gain a better understanding of the differences between acting on stage, on camera and in a casting office.
His Actor’s Intensive workshops have helped a great many actors, writers and directors to build strong acting technique, and tell compelling stories with clarity and conviction. His acting classes empower artists to fully be who they are while realizing their absolute potential.
All work is Meisner and Method based…using repetition, movement, sensory work, improvisation, writing, script analysis and varying exercises.
Read the interview with Kirk conducted by Rebecca Stay, script consultant: THE SCRIPT FROM THE ACTOR’S POV: A CONVERSATION WITH KIRK BALTZ
Master Class Workshop……..February 5-8
Master Class Workshop……..February 11-14
Master Class Workshop……..February 17-21
Master Class Workshop……..February 24-27
- Kirk immediately creates a safe and comfortable environment filled with trust and different techniques, helping free and truthful acting to arise. I highly recommend working with him.Amanda CollinActress
- Kirk is one of the best acting coaches out there. He helps you connect with your character so that your performance is organic and truthful. Kirk is a true blessing to every actor’s craft!Joshua LeonardActor
- Kirk Baltz is the guy to go to, when you're really committed to learn about Meisner, Method and acting as a whole. Kirk is one of the few acting teachers you can fully trust. He has an amazing amount of love, patience and empathy for his students. He gave me a deeper understanding of myself as an actor and my craft. Don't miss the opportunity to work with him.Michael KuehlActor
- Kirk instilled a confidence in me to let things happen in a scene as opposed to trying to make them happen. I carry this lesson with me in all the work I do.Max GreenfieldActor (American Horror Story, New Girl, etc.)
- Kirk Baltz possesses a blend of talents that include bravado, sensitivity and measured reserve. He has the range and ability of an accomplished acting coach.Clayton TownsendProducer (Funny People, Year One, Knocked Up…)
- Kirk's way of working is not only easy to comprehend, but extremely effective.Danny NucciActor/Director
- I have known KIrk since the beginning of my career as a casting director and hired him many times. He is an exceptional actor. It is no surprise that he is such an inspiring teacher and coach. He walks the walk. He is a WORKING actor who is using the tools of his craft daily. His devotion and passion to his craft are real. His real world experiences are invaluable. He is the real deal as an actor, coach and a man of integrity.Debi ManwillerCasting Director
- There is no actor I know with more artistic integrity, love of the craft, and just plain know-how than Kirk Baltz.Philip Seymour HoffmanActor
- Kirk Baltz is a director’s dream. He totally inhabits his character – capable of improvising brilliantly, immeasurably enhancing the director’s and writer’s vision of a role. His workshops are not to be missed.Taylor HackfordDirector/Producer (The Devil’s Advocate, Ray, Parker…)
- Kirk Baltz is a dedicated student of acting. His knowledge, sensitivity, curiosity and respect for actors and the work they do marks him as an invaluable teacher of our always fascinating craft.Sandra SeacatActing Teacher and Coach
- A lot of coaches showed me the tools, Kirk Baltz taught me how to use them.Scoot McNairyActor